- lunch with Davidico, figure out sidewalk pen situation.
- hang out with Aussie Matt… dang! forgot to bring a copy of his book to autograph!
- quick drink at Liliana’s party
In my lesson yesterday, I tried to ask about a pretty big scandal involving American diplomacy recently. My teacher didn’t know what I was talking about, so I told her that today I’d give her the skinny. I had to look up a bunch of words, but was hesitant to list therm here, which is a shame. I should probably be safe, though, if I remove the Chinese words. And the English words.
Aussie L is stuck at the airport in Seoul with some kind of 20 hour layover. Brutal. Here’s a shout-out…
- chǒushì: el escándalo (el asunto)
- chǒuwén: el escándalo(el fenómeno en las noticias)
- mángrén: el ciego
- lǜshī: el abogado
- duòtāi: el aborto
- zǐgōng: el útero
- qiēchú: la extracción quirúgico
- yōujìn: el arresto domiciliario
- wàiqiáng: el muro
- dàshǐguǎn: la embajada
- bìnàn: aislo, solicitar asilo
- bìhù: aisilo, dar/ofrecer aisilo
- liúwáng: desterrar, estar en exilio