Big changes in my life this week:
- I bought a duvet cover. Yah, that’s the news you’ve all been waiting for…
- My friend O gave me a bike that he wasn’t using. Thanks O! I’m going to ride it to work tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have to keep it in my room, or tied up outside. The building does have a bike room in the basement, but apparently, there’s a long waiting list.
- The cable guy comes tomorrow. I bought a 19-inch LED. I love cable tv, even when there’s nothing on (which is most of the time). Now all I need to make my room complete is some seating. I’m thinking I might get a futon, so out-of-town guests will have a place to sleep. We’ll see… gotta save money.
In other news, I still haven’t found fresh corn tortillas in Manhattan. Or a decent taco, for that matter. Which is IRRITATING.
I watched the sunset over the Jersey City today, and later there was a huge firework show across the river, that seemed to go on forever. I went out to have a look, and saw quite a few explosions on the ground. The night shift door man don Manny said it might be an event at the W Hotel, which doesn’t mean that much to me.
I didn’t watch any football this weekend; the thought of going into a dark bar to watch a football game me dio hueva. M texted and said it was packed.
Finally, I had a long talk with a Dominican lady on Saturday, who identified me as Mexican, which is the last thing I think I sound or look like, but there you go. My accent has changed a lot over the last 20 years, maybe here in New York I’ll pick up a different one.
Quick New York/Seattle glossary:
- to wait on line to stand in line
- for stay or to go? for here, or to go?
- bodega convenience store, quicky mart