- lunch at Wu Liang Ye with Uncle C
- talent agents that get right back to you
- Davidico the Great
- frequent flyer miles and business class tickets
- people who are rooting for you
- solid, uncomplicated recipes
Meatloaf 1/2 pound pork, 1/2 pound beef, quarter onion, salt, egg, the end of a loaf of bread diced. Mix, shape into a flat rectangle, bake at 350 on pan lined with foil sprayed with aluminum foil. Take out after 35 minutes or so, let rest.
Mexican rice toast a couple handfuls of long grain rice in some olive oil. Dump in some salt, a cup or so of chicken stock, and a few spoonfuls of tomato/onion puree. Bring to an angry boil. Cover, lower heat to almost low, allow to cook for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit for 10 more minutes without uncovering.