So my casino habits have been evolving. I played slots for a while, until that got boring. Then I decided I only wanted to play the fancy slots with the stereo sound and the crazy bonus features, like Wizard of Oz and Monopoly, because at least if I was going to feed my money to the casino, I wanted to be entertained. Then I moved on to video poker,which seems to be a better bet than slots, just because you can choose to hold and draw cards; yes, it may be an illusion. In any case, winning big at bingo last week put me off of video poker, and gave me a slightly favorable view of bingo, which like slots is a sit-and-wait game, but unlike slots, you lose at the rate of only $20 per hour. Anyway, there was no joy at bingo the second night, so I’m off bingo.
To be honest, the only reason I play in the casino is because I’m waiting for someone else, someone who seems to enjoy it. So I play along. I think I’m done playing though… bored of it as the summer stretches on.
Here’s what I’ve been up to instead:
- Mama and I hung out at Bally’s for a day, where we had been comped a hotel room.
- Shopping for gifts, mostly handbags. Mama is partial to Brighton; I enjoy acute handbag blindness; i.e., I don’t even see them.
- Pastrami sandwich at Caesar’s Palace.
- Ethiopian food at Blue Nile (beef tibs, vegetarian medly)
- Indian food at Tamba (chicken tika masala, moong dal sagwa) For the record, yes, it is ignorant to start singing “May He Poop” at the suggestion of Indian food.
- 11pm bingo (no joy!)
- Clowning at a costume shop.
- Daydreaming at the furniture showroom.
- Insalata caprese and pizza prosciutto e fighi at Settebello.
- Groceries at International Market. Pea leaves, pampano, furikake…
- Putting together video slideshows of my life since leaving China. Here’s one, here’s a second. There will be a third.
- Planning the Great Roadtrip of 2010.