The slideshow above is just of the pies my sister and I made to bring to Cowsin C’s place. Cowsin M took more Thanksgiving food porn with his monster camera, so when he posts ’em, I’ll link them in.
Here’s how it went today:
- heat came back on early this morning
- H came over made the apple pie; I made the banana chocolate cream pie. The oven door is broken, so we baked the apple pie at Cowsin C’s. Both pies were hits; Uncle E really like the chocolate cream.
- The menu: 17 pound turkey, brined and roasted. Mashed potatoes. Dressing. Long beans with bacon. Auntie R started the gravy, I finished it with some flour and wine. Cowsin C and I have the same taste in cranberry sauce; the simplest recipe (water and sugar) is the best. In a candid moment at the dinner table, both of us were very dismissive of orange zest and juice in cranberry sauce.
- We played XBox Kinect all night. I wish I could quit my job and learn all the dance moves in the dance game.
- It was a great day to video chat far away friends.
- After today I feel like eating giant salads for the next seven days.