I’ve had quite a “final week” in Taipei, and today is my last full day. I made a point to hang out with the Adventure Club and do a bunch of tourist things before I go, but I’ve kept today simple: catch up on blogging, try a new café. I will start packing tonight.
Tomorrow there will be some morning laundry, a trip to Yummy Mountain, cleaning, and a leisurely trip to the airport.
I’m a little alarmed by how far behind I am on blogging. I have had an outstanding time in Taipei, and lately every day has been an adventure. When I have a few extra minutes, I’ll try to get to these stories:
- Raohe Night Market: the bus lady, tamago, baked pork burgers, small dumpling lady, a grouchy cab ride.
- Confucius Temple: buying books, lunch at Mix, where is the temple?, the space monk and the history puppets, the temple’s night market, hanging out at seven, my new chop, Frankie’s pie bar,
- National museum, environment, domes, eco train… tonkatsu
- Maokong Gondola, teahouse, bus ride down
- Longshan Temple market: snake street, chopstick lesson
I’m going to go find lunch; later this afternoon i’ll be in a more chill cafe and be able to write about these things.
- 回收 huíshōu: recycle; recover and put back to use
- 畫質 huàzhì: image quailty
- 筆友 bǐyǒu: pen pal
- 一封信 yìfēngxìn: a letter
- 回信 huí xìn: to reply (to a letter); write back
- 要求 yāoqiú: to request; to demand; requirement
- 搞 gǎo: do; make; be engaged in
- 難搞 nángǎo: Pain in the ass, being a pain in the ass
- 搞定 gǎodìng: to fix; to settle
- 原因 yuányīn: cause; reason
- 糾正 jiūzhèng: to correct; to make right
- 出國 chūguó: go abroad
- 開發 kāifā: develop; to exploit (a resource)
- 賣場 màichǎng: mall; market
- 搶劫 qiǎngjié: rob; looting
- 叫賣 jiàomài: hock, peddle (goods); huckster
- 地下街 dìxiàjiē: Underground mall, metro mall
- 部首 bùshǒu: radical (by which characters are ordered in dictionaries)
- 燒香 shāoxiāng: burn incense before an idol or a buddha
- 祭祖 jìzǔ: offer sacrifices to one’s ancestors
- 黑豹 hēibào: panther
- 哈士奇 hāshìqí: husky (the arctic working dog)
- 完美 wánměi: perfect