Just a few bullets:
- Left SFO at 10 am. Drove I-5 North to Seattle, arrived at 1:30 am.
- If you stop at Umsted’s Smokehouse, order anything but the brisket, which was a greasy shredded mess. Horrifying. On a positive note, the fried mushrooms were good.
- We blew through Portland like it was our job.
- Went to the SAM with Aussie C (Miss X-ing), rode on the Great Wheel, ate at the Salmon Cooker, took a stroll through the Market.
- She also saw the EMP and the Chihuly Fun Forest, and reported enjoying both.
- Had a little dinner party with Don D, ate oysters, cheese, and fruit.
- Saw the Michael Owcharuck Trio at Vito’s. Jacques Willis and Nate Omdal were sitting in.
- Went to the Ballard Locks. A seagull totally shat in my hair and on my hoodie, which made me pout. The men’s room doesn’t have any paper towels, so I had to make do with toilet shields. They do have sharps disposal containers, interestingly enough.
- There was also Pho Bac, Hing Loon, and Regent Bakery.
- My summer plans are set; I’ve paid my tuition and have found a place to stay.
Bonus image: Magnetic putty “eating” a rare earth metal.