Oh my goodness, blogging is so old fashioned but I miss it. I find myself writing long-form Facebook updates and Twitter threads, and thinking, wow back in the old days I might have blogged this.
Here are things that I’ve been thinking about but I might never get around to writing:
- How to write a useful sample sentence for vocabulary learning.
- Decolonizing & De-industrializing:
- My diet: fresh/local food, plastics
- My kitchen: pots & pans, knives, cutting boards, plastics
- My bathroom: soap making! I’m making my own soap!
- My language: A Spanish teacher who never says “Hispanic.”
- Other random policies.
There are other things going on in in my life, things that I might have blogged about ten years ago. Like my movie-star ASL teacher saying that we have ESP, or me yelling at a UPS customer service rep to just fix the problem rather than sending me in circles. There’s the political situation–I think this country is in decline and the republic is falling apart–but I have little to add to that discussion.
I might do another post about what my ideal life looks like now; it’s been a while since I’ve done one of those.
Goofing off is so satisfying; I suppose having my act together would be satisfying as well. We’ll never know.