Here’s a preliminary schedule for my Great Northwestern Migration. My Yellow Brick Roadtrip. My Own Private Calexit. My Desert Escape. My Northwexodus. My Mount Rainier-I-Come.
Let me know if you’d like to join me for part or all of the drive! I’ll pay for food, lodging, and gas.
- 16 July, Tuesday. The POD arrives at my apartment in Palm Desert; we fill it with my boxes and furniture.
- 17 July, Wednesday. The POD is spirited away. Last sleep in the desert, on air mattresses in an empty apartment.
- 18 July, Thursday. Drive. Lunch in Bakersfield. Dinner in Elk Grover, short of Sacramento. Crash at my friend’s cavernous palace, with a guest suite.
- 19 July, Friday. Drive. Lunch in Weed. Dinner and motel in Eugene.
- 20 July, Saturday. Drive. Arrive in Seattle. Eat lunch. Go to a BBQ at Yones’ near Greenlake.
Update: My route through Bakersfield will take me through Delano. I wonder if I should do a UFW pilgrimage and photo essay,